Tuesday, May 22, 2012

GOLF TRIP!!!!!!

This is my first sight of when I get to the golf course that was tucked back in the mountains! It is the Montecatini Golf Course about an hour drive from Florence. I wasn't sure what to expect when I booked the tee time, but when I saw this view I was beyond excited!

This is the view off the first tee with Pisa and Montecatini on the horizon. 

This is me next to the second hole green. 

Here is an amazing view with the mountains rising up behind the green. 

Here I am with a view of the clubhouse over my left shoulder. 

This is an awesome shot I took of the blue sky and mountains in the background of a nice approach. 

I got a cool picture of walking to the fairway. It felt so cool to be alone on the amazing golf course with no noise but birds chirping. 

This was a cool house right by the golf course next to some fields.

Here is a view of my tee shot on one of the back 9 holes. It was like teeing off into a tunnel with trees not allowing much margin for error. It was a fun hole! 

This is a video of that tee shot. I was going for the left side of the fairway since it was a dogleg left. I just barely caught the tree though! The ball started a little left then was fading right. Just a few feet further right and it would've been perfect!

After that last tee shot, this was my view to the green. 

Here is a picture of me on the 18th hole. A nice old Italian lady named Rosanna took this picture for me. It was a challenge to get over the language barrier trying to explain how to zoom in!

This was one of my favorite days of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The views were amazing with dog legs bending through a tunnel of trees, mountains rising up behind the greens, sand traps all over, water curving around some greens, cliffs falling off the sides of fairways, and views of looking out over the city. On the front 9 I was set up with a father daughter Italian pair, then was all alone on the back 9 to enjoy a very quiet and peaceful sunset over the mountains scattered with Italian villas. It was like walking through a dream. It seemed almost too good to be real. Ahh... what a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment